Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Sound of Rocks



The way I used to record my music was running instruments into a Mackie 12 channel mixer and then running that into Logic. I decided to go back in time a little bit and start using a Tascam 424MkIII cassette recorder. After taking a hiatus from recording for a little while I have re-thought the direction I was going in. My older music rarely had guitars present, which to me is a shame since that was actually the instrument I started with. So now comes the Tascam and Zoom H4n field recorder to go along with the synthesizers.

Speaking of old songs, here is one I came across from 2006. This is from a collection of ambient songs I was working on.

The Leaves That Are Brown

3 comments:

  1. I like this! VERY warm sound. What are you using on it? Sounds like a movie soundtrack. A very Eno type sound. I've always liked ambient music, but I haven't made much of it myself. It's deceptive simplicity has eluded me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Very warm sound. What synths are you using on it? Sounds like it could be in a movie soundtrack, accompanying a driving scene or something moody. Very Eno type sound. I've always liked ambient music, but I haven't made much of it myself. It's deceptive simplicity has eluded me...sorry if I posted this comment twice.

    ReplyDelete